Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tea Party darling Christine O'Donnell in first ad: 'I'm not a witch'

Tuesday, October 5th 2010, 7:44 AM



Senate hopeful Christine O'Donnell could face more ridicule over her first campaign ad.

Tea Party darling Christine O'Donnell may be brewing more ridicule for her fledgling Senate campaign after releasing her first TV ad.

"I'm not a witch," O'Donnell deadpans into the camera at the start of the 30-second ad released Monday.

Christian conservative O'Donnell, however, could use a magic spell to help close the near double-digit gap in the polls she faces against her opponent, Democrat Chris Coons, in the Delaware contest.

"I'm nothing you've heard. I'm you," the GOP nominee says in the ad. O'Donnell goes on to slam the Washington establishment for "trading favors" and "backroom deals."

"I'll go to Washington and do what you'd do," she says.

O'Donnell's ad puts her in the hallowed hall of political denials, which include President Richard Nixon's "I am not a crook," and President Bill Clinton's "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

The witch controversy stems from comedian Bill Maher, who has been releasing embarrassing clips of the wannabe senator from his 1990s show "Politically Incorrect" since her primary win last month, including one where she admits she dabbled in witchcraft.

"One of my first dates with a witch was on a satanic altar, and I didn't know it. I mean, there's little blood there and stuff like that," O'Donnell said. "We went to a movie and then had a little midnight picnic on a satanic altar."

Other clips show O'Donnell referring to evolution as a myth and saying her love of meatballs kept her from becoming a Hare Krishna.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post you got here. I'd like to read more about that matter. The only thing this blog misses is some pics of any devices.

Jeff Watcerson
cheap cell phone jammer